The Institute, opening later this year, has been created to help satisfy an ever-increasing demand for specialist skills in the automotive sector.
The curriculum will include new and innovative automotive apprenticeship training from Intermediate through to Masters Level apprenticeships in Automotive Engineering, as well as professional development courses and qualifications in project management and quality management.
The accredited courses available include:
- Intermediate, Advanced & Higher Automotive Engineering Apprenticeships
- Level 3 Practitioner Certificate in Quality Management
- HNC in Engineering – Operations
- Level 5 Professional Certificate in Quality Management
- Higher Apprenticeship in Project Management
- Level 6 Product Design and Development Engineer – under development for 2019
- Masters Level Apprenticeship – Post Graduate Design Engineer – under development for 2019
Students will have access to a range of new, disruptive technologies as part of their courses including Rapid Prototype, 3D Printing, Robotics, Fluid Power, Mechatronics and Electronic Circuit Design.
The collaboration behind the Institute has outlined its vision to be informed by the needs of the sector and lead the development of talent at all levels, from apprentices through to qualified engineers.
The unique and specialised courses offered by MIRA Technology Institute will be vital to ensuring the UK automotive industry continues to prosper by training the next generation, and upskilling the current automotive workforce.