Our pedestrian test capability has been continuously developed over 15 years to give a high-quality service and rapid turnaround.
With experienced staff, a fully climate controlled laboratory, dedicated instrumentation and high-speed video equipment, it provides a complete service.
A complete suite of impactors, gives capability to perform any type of testing:
- Headforms Adult (4.8kg) Small Adult (3.5kg) and Child (2.5kg)
- Euro NCAP / Japan / GTR 4.5kg Adult headform
- Upper Leg WG17 / EC / Euro NCAP
- Lower Leg WG17 / EC / Euro NCAP
Features of our pedestrian facility include:
- Equipment and software developed in-house for targeting and aligning the headform which ensures every impact is exactly where it is supposed to be, well within the permitted tolerance.
- An accurate independent measurement of the headform velocity before impact, for every test, using a laser-based system.
- Lower-leg tests conducted using a long acceleration distance to ensure the foam at the rear of the leg is not compressed before the impact on the vehicle