HORIBA MIRA has a large team of consultants with expertise in the areas of functional safety, systems engineering and cybersecurity.
The team is predominately made up of highly qualified engineers from automotive industry backgrounds with many years of experience working for OEM and/or Tier 1 suppliers. Our team is complimented with process development experts, functional safety auditors and assessors as well as leading academics in the field of functional safety.
Our consultants have experience developing safety electrical/electronic systems in a range of vehicle domains including powertrain, chassis, steering and braking systems, and more recently in hybrid/electric vehicles and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
We pride ourselves on being professional, diligent and thorough in the way we approach functional safety, yet recognise that we must be flexible, pragmatic and solution-focused in order to support our clients achieve their functional safety goals.
Our team provides expert functional safety support to client’s all over the world. We currently have a presence in Europe, North America and China.
Many of our consultants occupy roles on various technical committees and working groups for international standards development, including:
- Dr. David Ward
- UK Principal Expert to ISO/TC22/SC32/WG8 (Road Vehicles – Functional Safety). Working group responsible for developing ISO 26262. Part leader for Part 6 (software).
- UK/SAE Expert to ISO/SAE JWG11 (Road vehicles – Cybersecurity engineering). Working group responsible for developing ISO/SAE 21434 (currently under development).
- Member – IET/BCS Independent Safety Assurance Working Group
- MISRA Project Manager
- Helen Monkhouse
- SOTIF working group
- John Birch
- Member of the MISRA group developing “Guidelines for Automotive Safety Arguments”
- Steve Hartley
- UK Principal Expert on ISO/SC38/WG3 (Functional Safety Motorcycles). Working group responsible for the new Part 12 of ISO 26262 Edition 2