ISO 26262 Second Edition Conversion Course
Edition 2 of ISO 26262 is under development with important scope extensions to cover trucks and buses, motorcycles and semiconductors; as well as significant changes to some of the existing requirements of the standard. This one-day course gives a “fast start” introduction to key changes in the new edition of the standard that will be published in 2018. The content of the course will be based on the draft version that is expected to be in circulation for comment at the time of the course (FDIS). This course is not suitable for delegates with no prior knowledge of the standard, and delegates are expected to have a good working knowledge of ISO 26262.
- Price: £400 (+VAT) per day
- Course dates: 9th April 2019
- How to book: Book this course on our online shop here.
Delegates will learn about the following subjects:
- Key lessons learned in applying Edition 1 of the standard
- New concepts and principles in the standard
- Scope extensions – how to apply ISO 26262 to other types of vehicle
- Scope extensions – brief overview of ISO 26262 approaches to semiconductors
- Key changes in:
- Functional safety management
- The concept phase
- Product development at the hardware level
- Product development at the software level
Note, ISO 26262 Edition 2 is currently under development. The technical content of the standard, and hence of this course, may be adjusted at any time. The course may not fully reflect the final content of ISO 26262 Edition 2 which is due to be published in 2018.