Our Fluids Engineering group have wide-ranging capabilities in both testing and simulation of Thermofluids systems.
The Fluids team are heavily involved with not only conventional vehicles but also xEVs, the combination of utilising our engineering services with on-site facilities and xEV expertise enables us to take a holistic approach to Full Vehicle Thermal Management.
Using combinations of numerical tools, full vehicle and component testing, we are able to carry out bespoke testing and thermal analyses in the following areas:
- External Aerodynamics and front-end cooling airflow
- Under-bonnet/underfloor thermal management
- Powertrain cooling circuit analysis
- EV/HEV battery pack and power electronics cooling
- Cabin thermal comfort
- HVAC System development
- HVAC duct pressure drop analysis/flow optimisation
- HVAC cabin interior airflow distribution
- Full thermal system management development